Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
A contemporary design emphasizes a bold and trendy look. It also highlights shapes, textures and beautiful natural materials such as jute. Unlike in modern or traditional spaces, one that is contemporary is not afraid of using color. Having said this, using color is a reflection of personal taste, contrary to a monochrome palette. In addition, this specific home design is constantly evolving to keep up with trends. Yes, classic is timeless, but so is mundane. Keeping one guessing will never be uneventful!
Signature Design evokes these dramatic design ideas quite well. This Ashley sub-brand is worthy of emulating a contemporary home décor. Browse our Signature Design products to view our wide variety of colors, shapes and textures. In fact, here is a video to inspire your desired look:
Monday, August 28, 2017
How ahead of a time can you be? While you are enjoying this atypical summer; lying on your deckchair and planning all sort of things – nice little dishes, outdoors activities and not thinking about all the work you left behind…Let’s jump ahead into the next season to glimpse at the colors in vogue and give you some ideas to help you find the perfect trendy decoration for your house this coming fall!
What we like the most about the fall season is certainly the wide palette full of vibrant and warm colors, where leaves change from green to yellow, red, brown or orange! Just as designers get inspiration from the colorful scenery that fall season offers, so should we in our home.
Here is a sneak peak of the upcoming 2017 Fall palette:
According to Pantone’s fashion trends, the 2017 top fall colors offer a nice combination of strength, confidence and complexity! From the sky to the ground, these meaningful colors embody strong feelings and concepts that can be used to show your personality. Ashley Furniture and home accents have a nice touch of this color palette in its collections; so if you would like your home décor to be “a la mode”, then you have found the perfect brand! Let’s have a look at how these selected colors can find the right place in your home.
If you are keen about the sky and sea, here’s our selection: Blue hues – Riverside and Airy Blue which are the dominating colors in the 2017 fall trends. Blue represents consistency and confidence while gray gives a feeling of stability.
Our suggestion: Add any vivid colors from this fall palette to make your room brighter and look astonishing with blue hues! Along with anchoring earth tones, exuberant vibrant colors will bring a certain dynamism and warmth in your home.
Are you tempted by a complete 2017 fall palette makeover? AshleyFurniture offers the perfect sets for your bedroom and dining room!
The pinkish purple and the spicy yellow suggest exotic notes that everyone needs in house!
Monday, August 21, 2017
Furnishing your apartment on a budget:
Furnishing an apartment can be difficult due to several constraints. Apart from size, budget and lease constraints (if it is a rental) are at the top of the list. Nonetheless, there are always ways to work around such restrictions. Let’s examine how you can wiggle your way around them.
1) First and foremost, using multifunctional furniture will be extremely beneficial in the sense that you will make the most of a small space. That way, a single piece of furniture can serve several functions, and loosen the leash on the tight budget. An ottoman is the perfect example – it can serve as a storage piece, while it can also be used as extra seating for guests or replace acoffeetable! Here are some other neat ideas to help you save space and to pick pieces that can fulfill many purposes:
· Sleepersofa: it can serve to seat your visitors, and as a guest bed in case a friend or family member spends the night
· Diningtable: while its first obvious use is for dining, it can also be a useful workstation if every square foot counts.
2) Another useful tip is to furnish your apartment with smaller scaled furniture. Despite being smaller than other furniture, purchasing smaller furniture will still look just as stylish and perform the same functions! Besides, furnishing a small apartment with large furniture will make it seem even smaller. Believe it or not, many manufacturers come out with pieces in several sizes, in order to accommodate different markets. For instances, you can find smaller living room and dining roomfurniture scaled to fit smaller spaces.
3) Finally, shape matters too. Narrow and rectangular shapes are preferable and tend to be quite useful in a small apartment. A narrow sofa and coffee table will give the impression that your living room is more airy and not so cluttered. The same goes for the dining area.
It is clear that multipurpose, smaller scaled furniture and shape are all important factors which contribute to maximizing a small space. Now you can go ahead and furnish your apartment with strategy!
Monday, August 14, 2017
Mattresses – making the most of your sleep:
The difference between a foam mattress and a spring mattress might make all the difference if you’re having trouble sleeping. Did you know that the average person spends approximately 30% of their life sleeping? This means that the importance of a supportive mattress is imperative to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Why? How you sleep will directly affect how you feel and go about your daily activities. Therefore, it would be wise to say that you need to make the most of your sleep! Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of a memory foam mattress vs. a spring mattress;
Facts about spring mattresses:
· It seems that one of the main reasons that springs are still being used in mattresses is because it is very inexpensive!
· Spring mattresses only give the illusion that they are supportive and comfortable, but they not provide sufficient pressure point relief.
· Proper support with a spring mattress is not possible because one’s body does not push evenly on the coils.
· A spring mattress loses about 16% of its firmness within the first year, but they can last about 10+ years.
Facts about foam mattresses:
· With a foam mattress, pressure points are reduced, which in turn reduces tossing and turning – the leading cause of poor sleep. However, if you’re going to opt for a spring mattress, the firmer it is, the better.
· Memory foam mattresses do not need to be flipped unlike spring mattresses. There is no maintenance required.
· Allergies are significantly reduced with memory foam mattresses, as dust mites can only live on the surface and not on the inside of a solid block of foam.
· Memory foam mattresses are temperature sensitive – this means the foam takes time to adjust to your body. The colder the room, the longer the mattress will take to adjust or recover its shape.
Now that you have the facts, you can decide which mattress suits your needs, if your budget permits you to make the choice.
Monday, August 7, 2017
Prepping Your Workstation For Back To School:
Back to school in the fall is infamous for its ridiculous commercials. It’s the time of year that every child dreads – summer is over and a new school year is about to begin. Although this is an event that most of us loathe, it is one that cannot be avoided! That being said, a little preparation might ease your way in the process. So how exactly can you prepare yourself? You can begin by creating an area that will ensure productivity, which will in turn also produce success. Let’s take a look at the nitty-gritty, so you can begin your preparation!
Pick a space
First and foremost, you need to pick the appropriate space. This area should be one that does not have any nearby entertainment or distractions, as they will definitely decrease productivity. If you have the option, it would be preferable to select a room that would be transformed into an office/workstation. That way, the same room can be used for doing homework, paperwork and even arts & crafts! No more mess in your dining room!
Setting up your workstation
Ideally, you need a large table or office desk to maximize your working surface. Luckily, they come in a variety of shapes, so that you are not limited in the orientation. In addition, your officechair is also available in a variety of options such as leather, fabric and wood. That way, you don’t need to compromise comfort, durability and style! Next, some other helpful pieces that will maintain the room neat and organized include bookcases and filing cabinets. No more scattered papers and books!
Yes, color matters!
Color is often a direct reflection of our personality. In a home, studies have shown that certain colors produce a similar reaction in most individuals. However, depending on the tone, there can be a slight variation. Room colors are categorized in three basic ways: active, passive and neutral. That being said, for an office, it is probably not best to go too passive or too active. The optimal choice would be to select neutral wall colors (grey, white, brown) with colored home accents.
Very intense; will pump adrenaline like no other. It will stir up excitement.
Evokes happiness, but can cause frustration in large amounts (whole room)
A soothing and calming color. Great for relaxation.
Most restful for the eye. Promotes warmth and comfort.
Rich, dramatic and sophisticated. Lighter tones promote restfulness.
Energetic and enthusiastic.
Now you have all the tools to plan ahead, you can ensure the success of your child, as well as your professional success.
Monday, July 31, 2017
Is money tight and you’re wracking your brain for vacation ideas this summer? Then don’t fret! We’ll help you think outside the box with creative ways to vacation on a budget. According to BuzzFeed, there are affordable spots where many budget travelers like to vacation. Some of them include Croatia, Macedonia, Istanbul and Vietnam! It seems that the food and accommodations will not break the bank! Obviously some places are further away than others, therefore budgeting your plane ticket as the bulk of your expenses will be necessary.
For some of us this is only but a dream. After a reality check, you can start planning your vacation close to home. Take it as an opportunity to enjoy the good outdoors, and go up north for a long weekend or create your very own retreat right in your backyard. Here are some options you can do at home:
1) Create a campground
Who said camping in your backyard is no fun? Although you will not achieve a complete wilderness atmosphere, you may actually appreciate that you can run to the washroom at any given time or grab something you need inside your home. In fact, it will be especially convenient if you have small children!
First and foremost, begin by setting up your tents to accommodate the right number of people. Then, be sure to nestle the inside with comfortable bedding and pillows! Also, you can go the extra mile to create a realistic outdoorsy atmosphere by creating a campfire surrounded with benches – time for smores!
2) Your very own resort by the pool
For those of you with a pool, take advantage of being by the poolside to refresh yourself on hot days! Create a little haven either in the shade or below a gazebo. Use a collection of poufs to sit on, or some comfortable decorative pillows to maximize comfort on your outdoor furniture. That way you can have fun in the sun, or enjoy a refreshing drink in the shade. The choice is yours!
It’s a win-win. You save money, all while having fun. All in favor say “aye”!